Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Storm Over -No Damage

Yesterdays post was missed because I was anxiously watching my trees lashing about in the terrific winds and hoping that none of them would blow down on top of either my horses or me.

Thankfully they didn't so there will be a double dose of blog today.

While watching the trees I was able to do some thinking about business opportunities in general.

Looking back over the years I've been studying business opportunities I've noticed that MLM marketing is one of the most controversial on offer. Some regard them with complete and utter disdain, others find them extremely successful.

The arguments against multi-level marketing reminds me of what my Bank Manager (we could actually talk to a real one back in the dark ages) said to me when I was 1 shilling and three pence (old money) overdrawn.

"Just imagine what the state of the economy would be if everyone in the country was 1/3 overdrawn."

In the light of the present credit card debts that amount is laughably small, but my argument is still valid. The odds against that happening were millions to one at that time.

Now I am a great fan of Kleeneze. When I first retired from teaching and retreated to my smallholding to live the life of a hermit with my beloved computer and the internet I signed up with Kleeneze to help out a new distributor and to get me out meeting human beings for a change.

My friend left the company after a month. I loved it and have been doing it on a very part time basis for over 12 years. Why do I like it? Well my customers are now my friends. I don't run it as a business, although it has never made less than £10 per hour which isn't bad for a hobby.

The point of this is that one or two very respected and responsible gurus denigrate Kleeneze as the representative of MLM saying that if every distributor recruited five people there would very soon be all distributors and no customers. Like my BankManager's argument, it is invalid.

Many people will view it as I do, an enjoyable hobby. Others won't be willing to put in the effort needed to turn it into a full-time business and build a team. Those that do, and enjoy it, will be very successful and will make the money they want.

If you are interested in Kleeneze contact me via the email address at the end of this post. Please make it clear that it is Kleeneze that you are interested in, otherwise you will receive information about my main business which is finding your niche as an entrepreneur.

Hope those of you the the SW UK also survived the gales with no damage.

For information on business building or Kleeneze contact me on gold@percydale.com

No comments: