Tuesday, September 19, 2006

At present the Business Opportunity scene is expanding rapidly.
Seems like everyone is only a step away from becoming a millioionaire!
Fantastically successful marketers send out their promotions. It usually runs like –‘Ten years ago I owed thousands to the Bank, I couldn’t pay the mortgage so I lost my house, I had to make do with an old unreliable car and my wife left me.
Now I have a Swiss Bank account, a villa in Spain and I spend six months of the year in Bermuda. I drive a Ferrari when I’m not using the Porsche and I also have my own private plane.’
Of course we’re very happy for them. We’d love to believe the next bit.
‘I can show you how you can enjoy the same lifestyle. This time next year you could be buying your own million dollar home FOR CASH! If you buy my Business Opportunity for £99. ‘
They even offer you a guarantee that if you don’t think the package is any good you can send it back and get a complete refund.
It must be good, you tell yourself, or they wouldn’t offer the guarantee.
The people who make these claims are not lying. Their claims are true. They did get all the success they claim. And anyone could have the same success.
BUT -
Let’s look at the facts.
Marks and Spencers, Woolworths, Tescos, to mention just three large organisations, all started small as market stalls, cut price shops, etc. selling food products clothing or low cost items of all sorts. They all created millionaires.
But that doesn’t mean that everyone starting that way will be as successful! Anyone might – with hard work, good business brains, and an element of being in the right place at the right time – end up as a business tycoon with a large empire. Most people won’t.
Having said that, most entrepreneurs could get themselves a very respectable income.
When they promote the dream world of pie in the sky they show you where you hope to be but they don’t say very much about what you need to get there and just how difficult it was at the beginning. They aren’t trying to fool you. When you’re successful it’s easy to forget just how hard it was at the start.
So you’ll get suggestions for the promotional material and all the information about marketing that you need –
BUT
They don’t tell you how to

No comments: